Developing Talent: Focused Team Dynamics
Maximizing Team Effectiveness
Developing the right combination of people for your team takes effort, but making that team “click” is a completely different challenge.
Consider the list below – circumstances like these are not uncommon but they do demand that your organization’s leadership knows how to manage its teams effectively. How might you guide your team during these situations?
- When business objectives are changing
- After a change of leadership
- After merger or acquisition
- Where team conflict arises
- Where teams are not achieving their goals
- Where teams are under pressure to perform
- Where more profit needs to be generated
If any of those hypotheses were cause for uncertainty or hesitation, it’s OK. hfi can help.
hfi Team Development Programs
Our team development programs utilize evidence-based approaches to ensure that business teams achieve their best results.
These programs feature:
- Individual team member assessments that employ a range of tools to examine unique strengths and particular development needs.
- Workshops based on hfi’s Teametric© questionnaire, which analyzes the dynamics of the team and identifies specific development actions.
- Workshops tailored to the needs of the team rather than a prescriptive, “one size fits all” approach.
- Workshops that generate specific behavioral outcomes that can be targeted and measured to improve team performance.
- Individual coaching that bridges the skill gaps that can exist between team members.
- Group coaching that enhances overall team effectiveness.
How Does It Work?
hfi’s team workshops cover four core topics that are tailored to your organization’s unique needs:
- The team as a resource
Using hard data, teams focus on their strengths, limitations, and needs. Team culture, values, and approach are reviewed.
- The way forward
Teams review their mission, objectives, and strategies. They examine how they measure success as a team and how they contribute to the strategic direction of the company.
- Initiating and managing change
Teams examine different ways to challenge decision-making styles, how to effectively break paradigms within the team, and how to best motivate other team members to achieve optimum performance.
- Rules for team work
Teams agree to a set of operating rules for moving forward, which can include decision-making principles, inter-team communication guidelines, and delegating responsibility for different functions and outcomes.
hfi can help your team achieve:
- Definition and effective implementation of team strategy
- Clarity of roles for achieving objectives
- Development of a proactive team culture
- Increased process and output quality
- Stronger team identity and greater commitment of team members